2009 200 series camera help

Jamie

08 Feb, 2017 01:41 PM

Hi, I'm having difficulties getting my camera to work on my 200 series. I've managed to get power to the camera but now it is on constantly regardless if your in park drive or reverse. I've hooked the wires up as per the instructions and have tests the wires. The brown I have taken to the rear of the deck as instructed. The other brown to the red/black wire and then I had to solder the ground to a black in the loom as there wasn't a spare black in the loom. I tested the red/black and there is no power to this wire. So I was told to wire this to another 12v source. But I think these cameras are 6v. Apparently there is another wire I can hook this brown wire up to. Any help would be great

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tech Support 9 on 08 Feb, 2017 09:49 PM

Hello Jamie,

Did we talk on the phone?
    If your vehicle is pre 2012 you should be using the VMS wiring loom with only 3 plugs, you do not connect anything to a red/black wire.
    You need to locate a green wire with brown dashes to connect the second brown wire to.

Regards,
    VMS support.

2. 2 Posted by Jamie Carrivick on 09 Feb, 2017 02:00 AM

Hi, yes I did speak with you yesterday, thanks for the help over the phone. Attached is a picture of the loom that I have spare that I’m NOT using. The other loom (the one in the picture previous, pictured in the instructions) is the one I have installed currently. Can you confirm is this correct? As this is what I have been told. If I am using the right one can you please somehow point me in the direction on the Green wire with the Brown dashes? This is a Toyota wire not a VMS wire, correct? Do you know which plug the wire is present in.

Thanks

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tech Support 9 on 09 Feb, 2017 03:47 AM

Hello Jamie,

Have found some instructions to suit YOUR model of vehicle BUT NOT the VMS unit.

Locate the 4 pin plug as depicted in figure 4 to connect into the BLUE wire on this loom to any BROWN wire on the supplied camera adaptor lead.
    Do not forget to disconnect from the the red wire with black stripe as you described in your first email.

Regards,
    VMS support.

4. 4 Posted by Jamie Carrivick on 09 Feb, 2017 03:51 AM

That’s such a big help, thanks so much ☺ ill let you know how I get on, time to heat up the soldering iron.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tech Support 9 on 09 Feb, 2017 03:53 AM

Hello Jamie,

Hope it helps.

Just remember, we have only sent this guide so you can identify the plug as shown in figure 4, do not follow any of the instructions on this guide.

Regards,
    VMS support.

6. 6 Posted by Jamie Carrivick on 09 Feb, 2017 03:55 AM

No I won’t, ill basically just hook the brown wire up to this blue wire and remove the red/black wire

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with VMS please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac