Displayed Time and iPod Track Search?

tony.h

02 Jan, 2014 12:47 AM

Hi Guys,
I've just installed a Touring X523 in my '06 Hilux SR5 and am generally pretty happy with the units and its features but I have a couple of questions about its functionality that I could not find any reference to in the pdf instructions on your site.

Setting the Time: I've set the time manually as directed then pressed OK, but once the unit is powered down and back up again via the ignition key it seems to randomly default to a GPS time zone either side of what I've set. I live in Adelaide which is a half hour behind the eastern states (1.5 hrs ahead of WA) and I notice that the GPS time zones are in hour blocks. Is there a way to get this set so that the correct time is permanently retained?

iPod Track Search: Your advertising states "Find your favourite track in just a few seconds" but I cannot see how to search for tracks. When I plug in my 6th Gen iPod (the small square one) or my iPhone 4S it will play the current track but if I press the Track List button on the X523 unit I just see the first 6 songs of the 2000+ that I have stored and can see no way to search or scroll. Nor can I see a representation of playlists. Am I missing something here?
I've also noticed that the 6th Gen iPod gets very hot when charging - almost too hot to touch. I've not noticed this heat build up on the iPhone as yet (I'd expect that it's inbuilt heat shut down would kick in if required)

Regards,
Tony H.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tech Support 5 on 02 Jan, 2014 06:44 AM

Hi Tony,

How are you doing?

The tech support is currently away and will be returning on the 6th of Jan 2014 when the head office re-opened. There is an update for your unit now to change the time zone settings, so it increases/decreases by every 30 mins. That can be easily changed.

In regards to the iPod search, I believe that the iPod search function does not exist at this stage from the unit, however, it can be done through the iPhone/iPod itself.

From what you have described, it might be a faulty iPod cable that might be faulty. Please stop using that cable and please log a Return Authorisation on our website and when the team returns on the 6th of Jan, they will be posting a replacement to you FOC.

Hope it helps.

2. Tech Support 5 closed this discussion on 02 Jan, 2014 06:44 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with VMS please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac