VMS 500 off road navigation problem

Mark Wettermann

03 Dec, 2013 03:47 AM

Hi I have a VMS 500 and has been working very well until the other day when selecting offroad navigation and then either OZI Explorer or Memory - Map it generates an error. I will attach 2 images of these errors, I hope you can help me with this problem? Just to add the onroad navigation still works perfectly.

Regards Mark

1. 1 Posted by Mark Wettermann on 03 Dec, 2013 04:17 AM

Hi none of these are relevant as it says on VMS - 1.JPG" An error has occurred in topogps.exe." can you please explain what this means and how to fix it? and is it that "topogps.exe" has been somehow corrupted and can it be copied onto the sd card?

Thanks Mark

2. 2 Posted by Tech Support 12 on 03 Dec, 2013 06:16 AM

Hi Mark

that's an odd one.

Please try a firmware re-flash on the unit and see if this fixes the issue. To do so, simply hold the power button down, and whilst holding
    click the reset button on the back of the unit for one second. An update screen will appear, and you can let go of the power button. Make sure that the unit is on charge for this process.

If this doesn't work then I'll need to get the unit back here to fix it up. What you will need to do is go to our home page www.vms4x4.com and under the support tab, you will need to log a return request. Once the request has been lodged, within 1-2 days you will received an r/a number and approval to send your unit back for assessment. Please note that the unit is out of warranty and charges will apply, $90 covers most small things, please DONT send any money orders/cash/cheques or bank details via post.

Kind regards
    -Tech support

3. Tech Support 12 closed this discussion on 03 Dec, 2013 06:16 AM.

4. Mark Wettermann re-opened this discussion on 03 Dec, 2013 08:25 AM

5. 3 Posted by Mark Wettermann on 03 Dec, 2013 08:25 AM

Tried that, did not work. Also did not see the update screen either.

Thanks Mark

6. 4 Posted by Mark Wettermann on 03 Dec, 2013 08:27 AM

Why can't I do a firmware upgrade like other gps brands?

Thanks Mark

7. 5 Posted by Tech Support 12 on 03 Dec, 2013 11:53 PM

Hi Mark

That's what I tried to got you to do before with the holding the power button. I'm not sure why it didn't work, that's why I want to get the unit back here to check it out.

Kind regards
    -tech support

8. Tech Support 12 closed this discussion on 03 Dec, 2013 11:53 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with VMS please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac