Touring 700HDs 11 Won't startup correctly or turn off

Steve

16 May, 2020 09:57 PM

My VMS starts up with a small window with 0% underneath as if it is loading a file but never passes 0% and freezes with that image even when I press the power off button. I've checked the micro SD card and found no fault with that.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tech Support 9 on 18 May, 2020 01:02 AM

Hello,

This screen is showing that your unit hasn't loaded fully, it may only require its operating firmware to be "reflashed" to restore normal operation.

If you have access to a microSD card of no more than 4GB and a Windows PC we can email the necessary files to you. (the files and procedure are listed below, if you are unable to perform the procedure or unable to obtain a blank microSD card please advise back here).

Provided below is the link to the dropbox download for the reflash files.
    The microSD card size can be no larger in capacity than 4 GB, otherwise you cannot format the card to Windows FAT format.

The file is a self extracting archive, double click on it and provide a temporary folder on your PC for the files to extract to. Once extracted copy the UPD file to your blank card firstly followed by the other files.

Very important - Format your blank card to FAT format, when you right click on the card's drive letter and select "format" select from the pull down box "FAT", without this format the reflash will not fully load,
    Make sure you insert the reflash card into the unit with its power off and then plug in the charge lead and the reflash process will automatically commence. When the unit loads the main menu the reflash is successful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ijbp8axxfga4oc/VMS%20HDSII%20reflash.exe...

Regards,
    VMS support.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with VMS please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac