Importing Way Points & Track Logs

Dale Rollings

03 Dec, 2018 11:54 AM

I have got the new way points and track log for the Perth to Albany track ( MundAl Track ).

What file location do i put the .gpx, .kml, .plt, .wpt & waypoints into.

Do i need to import all of, or only a couple of these files.

I have attached the files that have been supplied by the WA 4WD Assoc.

Regards Dale

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tech Support 9 on 03 Dec, 2018 10:05 PM

Hello Dale,

Open the VMS map card on your PC and copy the "Mundairing to Albany waypoints.gpx" to the WAYPOINTS folder.
    Copy "xx wpts track.gpx" files (from the 3 folders - 1,2 & 3) to the TRACKLOGS folder.

Reinsert the map card into your 700HDX unit and then select the Off-Road program.

Open the TRACKLOGS folder then tap on "2017 MC wpts track" then tap on "View" - wait for the screen to change, if all you see now is a grey screen with no map displayed tap on the "maps" icon - middle right of screen, this will bring up the list of maps that this tracklog displays on, tap on Zone50_South and wait for this map to load (you may need to scroll the map for the tracks to appear) also as you SLOWLY press the + (plus) zoom button as the view zooms in an mode detailed map will load.

Please note - unfortunately the software displays ALL the tracks and waypoints at once, there is no way of displaying just one individually (if they are all on the same map page).

Regards,
    VMS support.

2. 2 Posted by Dale Rollings on 04 Dec, 2018 11:45 AM

Worked a treat.
    Didn't need to remove map card just transfer across by the USB.

Thanks.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with VMS please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac