Won’t exit registration screen!

Kimberley

08 Nov, 2018 08:54 PM

Hello
Got our VMS yesterday from Kings Supacenter, all fine now we finally got it to start at our address not Melbourne,
I clicked into the Off Road section last night and it came up with a screen to put a registration code in, I have read all the answers to fix it by clicking ok, then the X and then another button at the bottom but this still won’t exit out of the attached screen.
Turning the vms on and it doesn’t help either. Nor does charging it.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tech Support 9 on 08 Nov, 2018 09:35 PM

Hello,

With a pen or stylus tap on the OK to complete the loading process (tap on the left side of this box). When the program is loaded (map of Aus) tap on the red X icon bottom right to exit the program.

Once exited you should be shown a menu with Street / Off road with GPS Options in the top right. Tap on this and select under "VMS Off road", this is setting the default off road program to use. Select "Back" and then choose Off road from the navigation choices menu, the correct program should now load.
    Providing you do not enter this setup screen again and change this option you should not have this issue again.

Regards, VMS support.

2. 2 Posted by Kimberley on 08 Nov, 2018 09:48 PM

Done that and does not work, I said I had tried all the thing suggested on all oh these posts

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tech Support 9 on 08 Nov, 2018 09:53 PM

Done what?

Tap on or around the OK box to clear it, use the stylus that came with the unit - mounted to the backing plate for the windscreen mount.

VMS support.

4. 4 Posted by Kimberley on 08 Nov, 2018 09:58 PM

With the pen or stylus I tapped on the OK to complete the loading process (I tapped on the left side of this box). the program did not load (map of Aus) so I couldn’t tap on the red X icon bottom right to exit the program.

That doesn’t work

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tech Support 9 on 08 Nov, 2018 10:08 PM

Hello,

Were you able to clear the "Enter registration code" box?
    If so, was the next screen you saw have "GPS Status" on the top, and small map of world on the left? If so, the red X to exit is still on the bottom right of screen.

If no luck with any of these procedures, remove the map SD card from your device, turn it on, wait a moment to see if a message displays on the screen "System busy or no GPS card inserted" and then tap on the OK to clear this box. You should now have the menu - STREET / OFF ROAD displayed, follow the instruction for this point - tap GPS options etc.

VMS support.

6. 6 Posted by Kimberley on 08 Nov, 2018 10:18 PM

Thank you so much removing the card turning on and then reinserting the card worked , thank you.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Tech Support 9 on 08 Nov, 2018 11:11 PM

Hello,

Well done!

Glad you got the issue sorted.

Regards,
    VMS support.

8. Tech Support 9 closed this discussion on 08 Nov, 2018 11:11 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with VMS please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac